129 North Bremer Road, Callington, SA, 5254
129 North Bremer Road, Callington
Friday 3rd February at 11am on site (if not sold prior)
• If you are yearning for the quiet life, space and solitude, but don’t mind a bit of work, then this may just be your next perfect project!
• Offering a peaceful country lifestyle, this gorgeous solid stone homestead (Circa 1880) oozes loads of character from yesteryear and features a second original stone cottage that has also been partially renovated
• Set on approximately 55 acres of land with around 50 acres arable, there’s plenty of room to run some sheep, keep some horses and farm the land, ride motorbikes, or simply share farm and let the local farmer look after it all for you!
• Though the home would respond well to renovations being completed, it showcases many original features including high ceilings & wide return verandahs
• Generously proportioned throughout, the lounge has floating timber floor, air conditioner, and slow combustion heater to keep you warm and cosy in winter.
• The main homestead offers 2 large bedrooms, both with carpet over original timber floorboards
• Combining classic original features with a modern touch, the kitchen has been partially renovated, with stunning marble tiled floor, dishwasher, and a huge chefs oven and gas cooktop
• The bathroom has loads of character, featuring Kanmantoo stone, bath, toilet, shower and vanity
• Just outside is a lovely entertaining pergola, the perfect place to fire up the bbq or sit back, relax and unwind
• A number of storage outbuildings are adjacent, including the original kitchen with old wood stove (now the laundry), and a large cellar
• Outside there is plenty of space to enjoy, and also a huge assortment of outbuildings including 2 large implement sheds, shearing shed with yards, grain shed, chook yard, old dairy, and a second original stone cottage (needing completion) that would be perfect for guest accommodation or extra sleeping quarters, with 2 bedrooms and a large living room
• There are no water worries here, with 40,000 gallons of rainwater storage, an unequipped bore, and very reliable water supply from the Bremer River!
• Peaceful country views over the distant foothills give a relaxing outlook, a large veggie garden will appeal to those with a green thumb, there are fruit trees aplenty, and native trees that bring in the bird life
• Especially attractive to buyers seeking a country lifestyle change, well located only a few minutes drive to the welcoming community of Callington, with easy access to the South Eastern Freeway to Mount Barker, Murray Bridge, Mannum and Adelaide CBD
• A fantastic renovation opportunity for a family, large or small, to bring this splendour of yesteryear back to its former glory, and enjoy the peace & privacy the country has to offer!
Escape to Country Living!
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 1
- Cars: 8