Dalmere Road, Leyburn, QLD, 4365
LOCATION: Frontage Toowoomba - Karara Rd & Boonie Doon Rd. Toowoomba 76 Kms - Warwick 65 Kms, Brisbane 205 Kms - Gold Coast 240 Kms, Wellcamp (Brisbane West) Airport 88Kms
SERVICES. Power-Internet-Mobile Phone; Primary School 8Kms-High School bus 8Kms. Flights to Sydney, Melbourne Townsville-Cairns & Western Queensland.
AREA. Lot 1-2 SP220077 Lot 6-7-8 RP 861136 Lot 7 RP183067 Total Area 929.17 Ha (2,296.02 Acres)
RAINFALL. Average 600-650mm
COUNTRY. Undulating Sandy loams with shallow Clays to small stony ridges, good shade trees of Iron Bark, Yellow Box, Cabbage Gum, Bull Oak & Cypress Pine. Great ground cover of introduced improved pastures of Premium Digit, Cooladi Rhodes, Fine Cut Rhodes, Creeping Blue, Bambatsi, Gatton Panic, Floren Blue Grass, Bisset & Burgundy Bean have been introduced over time. Good areas of native grasses.
CULTIVATION. Approx 700-800 acres possible, all deep ripped & de stumped & now all improved pastures.
WATER. Well watered, approx 45 Dams, mainly permanent, one large Dam on Coopers block. This property has never had stock water problems in recent dry seasons, most of the larger dams are stocked with Yabbies, Silver Perch & Yellow Belly. Small creek runs through Brooklyn paddock on south-eastern corner with good permanent hole, this is a protected area for Koalas and native habitat. Olive Bore equipped with submersible pump, petrol motor (approx 600 GHP) not used. Paddock 6 Bore equipped with Genset pumps to supply tank, pumps to small dam when required, poly line in place. Bush Block Bore, not equipped tested 400 GPH.
RAINWATER. Rhino tank on workshop 90,000 Litres with pressure pump to house, two black poly 20,000 litre tanks for storage, another Green 20,000 litre storage on Machinery shed. Dalmere cottage has 20,000 litre rainwater tank, Coopers house has good rainwater storage also.
FENCING. The near new Exclusion Boundary fence is mainly 2 Mt high Clipex and Waratah with galvanised steel posts, wooden strainers with barb wire top and bottom. Some sections on Coopers Block are older high Deer fence types with wooden posts. Approx 31 main paddocks & some smaller holding paddocks, main Highway 1 laneway approx 1.4 Kms, Deer laneway on Coopers block. All internal fences in mainly good stock proof condition, of wood & iron post with sections of new & older ringlock, good swinging steel gateways. Five small lamb feedlot trial pens with waters & laneway to sheep yards.
YARDS. Coopers block has portable steel sheep yards with 3 way draft and loading ramp which is located next to Lamb feedlot pens (approx capacity 100-150 Lambs per pen) in Little R & D paddock. Portable cattle panels, with crush, loading ramp at Coopers house, some sections are older deer yards with laneways in two directions, capacity approx 200 head. Older type sheep and cattle yards of mainly wood posts and rails at New Farm house are in fair useble condition.
• New Farm house, split level, 3 bedrooms, sleep out, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, lounge, fireplace, new verandahs, rainwater in house, fenced established lawn & fruit trees.
• Shearers Quarters" converted into dormitory accommodation, sleeps approx 7, bathroom, kitchenette, BBQ, new wooden sun deck.
• Dalmere Cottage" low set Hardi plank, 3 bedrooms, kitchen-dinning, front verandah on eastern side. Colour bond shed, carport, rainwater tank. Dam water available in garden of lawns & trees in a large fenced area.
• Coopers Managers House low set brick home, 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, formal lounge, formal dining, kitchen-dining. verandahs on 4 sides, wood heater.
• Newfarm - workshop 23m x 13m, 4 containers for storage-kitchenette-workshop & vehicles, concrete floor. Machinery shed (near new) steel & iron 18m x 5m open front. Old wood & iron hay shed. Colour bond shed 12.5m x 6m, with roller door & 2 swing doors near house.
• Coopers has large hay shed of wood, steel & iron 12m x 18m adjoins to old wooden feed rooms, 2 x 40 Tonne Silos.
ROADS. Good road access to all paddocks
AIRSTRIP. Located in Brooklyn paddock approx 1.4Kms long x 40M wide, 3 tie down points on northern end.
COMMENTS. The owners of New Farm have been at the fore front of Soil Enhancement Technology & over the past 12 years have developed a proven process which has transformed previously inferior pastures to highly productive & sustainable improved pastures you see over approx 60% of the property. This technology involved deep ripping selected areas & injecting them with Sodic Soil Amendment Agent. This patented Technology stops the clay acting as a wick & drawing salt up into the root Zone. Rotational grazing practices have been in place for around 10 years which has allowed improved pastures to seed and self sow which can be appreciated in areas on the property. Paddocks slashed to promote new growth after grazing.