88B Western Branch Road, Lobethal, SA, 5241
The name means Forest of Red Gums. If your love of trees, birdlife and native animals is drawing you to seek a hills lifestyle then read on - your search may well be over. Karrawirra sits in a private and tranquil setting on the outskirts of both Lobethal and Woodside. The parcel measures 7.698 ha (almost 20 acres), is well fenced and suited to grazing cattle, sheep, alpacha or perhaps a pony or 2.
The extremely well built Samalex homestead is well sited on the top of the ridge, on a plateau meaning there is ample level ground for entertaining, play and vehicle parking. It also allows for expansive views stretching to Lobethal and beyond. The majority of the gum studded land is gently undulating with a few steeper acres at the front left hand side of the property.
Once inside you will discover a charming, light filled home with lofty raked timber ceilings in the living areas and 2.7m ceilings throughout the remaining rooms. The kitchen has been recently renovated and is bright and fresh with modern appliances and a fabulous rural outlook. There"s ample room for a 10 seater dining table - perfect for casual gatherings and family meals as temperatures fall and we spend more time indoors. The rear verandah is also an ideal zone for outdoor entertaining all year round. Currently configured with 3 bedrooms, the floorplan is flexible allowing for simple alterations to include a 4th bedroom if required. The main bedroom features a parent"s retreat or study, creating a separate living space for those times when you just need a little peace! Storage is plentiful throughout and both the sparkling bathrooms are well appointed with a double vanity featuring in the ensuite. The home offers its inhabitants the benefit of ducted reverse cycle air conditioning together with an efficient and attractive slow combustion fire making the most of the abundance of free firewood on your doorstep.
Rural features include
- Private, well maintained, fenced driveway
- 3 Fully fenced paddocks (including house paddock) suitable for stock or horses
- 87,000 L rainwater storage plus 18,000 for garden use (mentioned below)
- Quality, regularly serviced pumps plus filtration system
- 2 dams - 1 all year, 1 winter
- Driveway to secure garage/workshop measuring 12.3m (D)x 6.2m (W) x 3m (H)
- Power, well lit with 2 small mezzanines for storage on either side
- 9000 L Rainwater tank collects shed water for garden use
- 9000 L Grey water tank from laundry for garden use
- Fruit trees include apples, cherry and apricots
- Walking distance to Goldings Winery if the urge strikes
If the Adelaide Hills are beckoning, Karrawirra is definitely worthy of further exploration. It really is a tranquil haven just a short 40 minute drive to the CBD. The dogs and the kids will love it. We think you will too. If you would like some more information about this delightful lifestyle property, please call. I"m looking forward to discussing the possibilities with you.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Cars: 4